Change is an undeniable force that impacts everything. Nothing in the physical world, either on Earth or in the Universe itself, is able to resist change and ultimate decay. Supernovas, for exampl ...View Article
Light Touch Chiropractic
Our primary goal is to find the root cause of your problem. As a chiropractic office, we have great success with back and neck pain using light touch, non-manipulative methods to improve spinal function and neurologic balance.
If your concern is a chronic health problem, or you just prefer a more holistic perspective, we use the most advanced knowledge in the field of Functional Medicine to discover where the imbalances are and move you toward a higher functioning body and mind. We get results where many other methods have failed.
Dr. Maria is an Olympian in addition to being a doctor. As such, it is her mission to help people live more fulfilling lives, free of pain and suffering. No matter what your current health concerns, how ill or how well you are, you were born to live a life of vitality and happiness. We can help you discover the right road map to achieve your greatest health.
We work with 4 main types of people:
- People who have a simple problem and are looking for a quick fix.
- People who have suffered a long time and nothing else has helped.
- People who want a different perspective on their health condition and prefer not to take medications.
- People who already feel pretty good and they want to continue feeling great well into old age.<a
If you are dedicated to your health beyond the quick fix, there a 10 characteristic qualities of an Olympian that apply to your long term health.
- Olympians are dedicated to being their best, no matter what it takes. They realize it's a journey, bit by bit they get better. You must choose (maybe with our help) that your health, your most important asset, is worth the dedication.
- Olympians have a good coach who knows how to bring them to the top. Dr. Maria has been helping people get their life back for 25 years, she know how to assess a person to determine what is the best and quickest route to better health.
- Olympians are coachable. In addition to listening to her advice, we encourage you to ask questions so you fully understand why we do what we do.
- Olympians spend time studying, learning and training. We will offer you resources to help yourself. Please take the time to review these and apply them in your life.
- Olympians work on the mental side, making their goals congruent with their thoughts and emotions. We believe that your thoughts and emotions play a big role in your health.
- Olympians think outside the box. Don't ask for our help if you are looking for a traditional "specialist". Specialists have a narrow perspective, we work with the whole person because everything affects everything.
- Olympians pay attention to their diet, sleep and lifestyle. What you put in your mouth and how much stress you have in your life will definitely affect your health, your recovery, and your longevity.
- Olympians push forward even when it seems like things aren't going well. Regaining your health can be a process, there will be ups and downs.
- Olympians know that even though they have a good coach their success is up to themselves. Your health is your responsibility, we can only guide you in the right direction.
- To an Olympian, winning isn't everything, being the next best version of themselves is. Being your next best self is a step by step process. We can work together to gain one level, or many.
The methods listed below are my main tools to help you Be Your Best Self.
Functional Medicine is the science of metabolics, how the cells and the organs work. We look for underlying imbalances that may be causing symptoms or will in the future if not balanced out. Laboratory testing may be used to assess cellular function, toxicity, or over and under activity of bodily systems.
Holistic Health means looking at the body/mind as a whole. All the parts affect each other. Rather than treating the disease or symptom we treat the whole person.
Light Touch Chiropractic Because everybody tends to develop SUBLUXATIONS!
Subluxations are areas of spinal tension or misalignment. They are caused by stress; physical, mental or emotional. Subluxations diminish nerve flow from the brain to the body. Diminished nerve flow means diminished function and leads to many health problems including pain or disease. Click the spine simulator on the upper right to see how different areas of spinal subluxation can affect your body. We use a light touch method of chiropractic to clear subluxations, never any aggressive cracking type manipulations.
Dr. Maria is available for adjustments at these hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 3:00 pm - 6:00* pm
Tuesday and Thursday 11:00 am - 1:00* pm
*Please arrive 20 minutes before
131 4th St E, Suite 310 (above the Gail Severn Gallery)